Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's new???

Just thought I'd bring you up to date with Mama E since our last post. Let's begin with the overwhelming, unexplainable, indescribable sense of sheer joy that I experienced during my trip to Washington. I will never forget it. To be among the millions of people who converged on the city for the momentus occasion of President Obama's inauguration was a once- in- a- lifetime occurence. I am grateful that God allowed me to live long enough to see it manifested, and as a bonus,to let me follow in the footsteps of my father to witness history.

Two of my three sisters and I (along with spouses) camped out at the other sister's place. (Weren't we fortunate to have a sister who lives in DC?) It was like a teenager's "sleepover"; there we were, all four daughters, reminiscing, eating, laughing,(and did I say eating?). It gave us an opportunity to reflect on how fortunate we are to have family.

Isn't it funny how we take things like family and friends for granted?

Anyway, I came back home even more motivated to do all that I can do to make a difference in the world. President Obama inspired me get busy again! It's so easy to be persuaded that your work is of little or no value. (I wonder who plants that thought in our minds?) In any event, all of us have a purpose and a God given destiny, and it's up to us to carry it out. What are you doing that will leave a mark on the planet?

What do you spend your time on? Recognize that you can't get a refund on wasted time; you can't recoup lost time. All of us get an equal amount of time- 24 hours in a day, and when it's gone-you can't get it back. When we say that we didn't have time to do _xxxxxxx_, what does that really mean? Aren't we really saying that we chose to do something else with our time?


What lasting value will your thoughts and actions have on others? Who will benefit from what you accomplished on earth? Will the world be better because of you?

Ok. So enough of the philosophical food for thought.

Mama E is hosting a one day conference on March 21st, and I'm inviting all of you to attend. We're going to work on our relationships. (You would agree that relationships require work, right?) It's for singles and couples, and you have to be there. Save the date, Sat. March 21st at 2591 W. Beaver St., Jacksonville, Fl. Contact me for more information.

Until next time, take good care of you,

Mama E

No comments: