Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Encouragement from Mama E

I thought that today, as sort of a foundation for this blog, I want to say thank you to the thousands of you who never make the news. You go about your day, going to work, taking care of kids (or sharing in the needs of your family), & receiving no recognition for the good things that you do. It perhaps appears that it goes unnoticed; there are days when you feel like your life is boring, mundane, and of little consequence. Nothing could be further from the truth.

It is vital that you understand how much the world needs and appreciates what you do, and I just wanted to tell you so! So to my kids, and all of you who have adopted me as your substitute Mom, you're doing a great job, and we're all better because of you.


Love,
Mama E

2 comments:

Msthang904 said...

Hello Mama E,

I have a question or a situation. My husband and I have been together for a few years now...but only married for a few months. Before we got married, we stop having permarital sex. Now that we are married, I want to have sex all the time-at least 3 times a week. Unfortunately, my husband does not seem that interested. He is cool with just once a week.

I even tried being the aggressor, but sometimes that does not get any results. I'm sexual frustrated in my own house. I love my husband w/ all my being, but the fact that he does not desire me as much as I desire him-frankly hurts my feelings and my ego.

What can a do about this? I didn't think I would have to go thru this.

Ask Mama E said...

Hi,
This is such a good question because so many people have similiar concerns. Just as the two of you are not hungry at the same time every day, it is not uncommon that partners don't have the same sexual appetite. This is where communication and trust becomes important. You must find a way to let him know that you need the intimacy that only he can provide. I'm sure that it is frustrating, and you mention that it hurts your feelings speaks volumns as to how important this is to you.
Be careful not to be confrontational or harsh when you discuss the matter. Find out if there are other issues (health, energy, money frustrations, etc) that may be causing his lack of interest.
Here's hoping for a sexual revival in the house!

Mama E